Suggest the correct dosage of unwanted kit

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hiii myself XXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
My wife is Pregnent for 35 days and I have purchased the unwanted Kit.
She got her Last Menses On 22nd August and we had our unprotected intercourse on 7th September.
So she missed her periods In September and on 8th October she got positive in Preganews test.
Now I have Bought A Unwanted kit with the suggestion of my wife but we both don't know exact method to use it.
Answers Are varying from man to man.
Please help me.
Tell me the answer.i can't See my wife pain and in risk.
Try to answer her and in my mail too.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
unplanned pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
After confirming pregnancy with preganews, it is important to confirm the location of pregnancy if you intend to opt for a medical abortion before undertaking the unwanted kit.
If on ultrasound the pregnancy is intrauterine then it would be safe to take the medicines else in case of an ectopic , medical abortion is contraindicated.
Considering her LMP beind 22aug , she is pregnant by 50 days as of today and this pregnancy can be terminated medically.
So get a ultrasound done sooner and medical abortion should ideally be done under supervision of your gynaecologist because there may occur excessive bleeding ad one may get dizzy due to heavy blood loss which can be then managed by your gynaecologist.
There is a set protocol for the pill intake:-
1. TAB MIFEPRISTONE 200mg stat.
2. Then TAB MISOPROSTOL 800mg ( 4 tabs of 200mg each)- please check the composition and leaflet of instructions, to be taken together after exactly 36 hrs of the first pill( mifepristone).
Then one can expect bleeding to start in next 4-6 hrs with uterine cramps and initiation of medical abortion. Pain may las till fleshy mass may be passed and bleeding in form of heavy to spotting can continue till a week even .A follow up ultrasound pelvis is required after a week to check for completion of abortion and to be reviewed by your gynaecologist.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 hours later
hiiii sir Even if she got Last Periods on 22nd August But we had sex On 7th September it means it has been 35 Days of her pregnancy and we can use MTP Unwanted kit before 50 days of Pregnancy.
Kindly tell me the exact procedure To use the Kit following format.
For example:-
today 8:00 Pm mifeproston Orally after Food.
After 3 days at 8:00 Pm 2 tabs of MisoPro
stol orally after Food.
again after 3 days at 8:00 Pm 2 tabs of MisoProstol orally after heavy food.

This way I can understand the procedure easily and I will explain her too Same way and our life will be saved.
Please sir do the NeedFul.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
To make it simple :- get an ultrasound to confirm intrauterine pregnancy first thats very important.
Secondly gestation is always counted from last menstrual period, so pregnancy is 50 days and medically it can be aborted till 63 days.
Please ensure the exact dosage in the protocol:-
1. take tab mifepristone 200mg tonight at 10pm at night half hour after dinner.
2. Then exactly after 36 hours i.e.. at 10AM in the morning of 14th october, take all 4 tabs of 200mg misoprostol each together stat.
Then wait for the bleeding to start along with uterine cramps within 4-6 hrs.
If the bleeding doesn't start till 8 -10 hrs after the misoprostol dose, then repeat TAB MISOPROSTOL AGAIN at 6pm on 14th october , but with 2 tabs ( 400mg of misoprostol) to allow bleeding hence.
In some patients the bleeding doesn't start after the kit gets over, so we advise to keep a gynaecologist in picture.