question-icon

Suggest test to determine premenstral dyshoria disorder

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: what drugs are used to treat adrenaline over load condition and what test is used to determine if there is in fact an overload of adrenaline.
Also what test is used to determine if you have premenstral dyshoria disorder
Answered by Dr. Arun (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
is it adrenaline burnout syndrome?

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Let me try to answer both your questions separately
1. You mentioned adrenaline overload. Did your doctor mention as adrenaline burnout or XXXXXXX or cushings disease?
If he had mentioned burnout which is very common nowadays, hormone therapy is not required. Usually vitamin and mineral supplements and ruling out toxins like lead should help in improving her.
If it had been the other two diseases I mentioned earlier then she needs hormone therapy by endocrinologist.
2. Premenstrual dysphoria syndrome does not have any diagnostic tests. History and physical examination and psychiatric evaluation is necessary to identify. You can maintain a diary stating the days when you have symptoms and your doctor will take use of it to help in treatment.
Wishing you both good health.
Dr Arun
Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology