Suggest support group for adult children with Asperger syndrome

Question
I am a slow typer, so please bear with me. I am 77 yo and have a son who has shown sympthons (sp) like Asperger's. He is 53 yo, never married, has a degree in Pharmacy and has been fired from about 5 jobs. He has worked in other states so I just assumed he would not trying to get along. (My education was High School, with a very short time in college). I'm retired from a major U.S. Airline. This son is living with his twin brother in Md. right now.
My wife and I are at a loss as to how to approach this problem. Is there a support group for patents of Adult children with this condition. It would greatly help if I could communicate with someone on the phone, as this has taken me about 15 or 20 mins. to type this message. I would be glad to pay the tariff, if you can supply me a telephone no. (I am in Okla.) XXXXXXX O'Connor 918-367-3803 or 918-740-3603
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details about support group for parents

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

I understand that the situation you are going through is difficult. So being with a support group is very important. There are support groups available for parents of adult children with aspergers.
Autism Aspergers Network (AANE) is a support group that is based in New England. They also have an online support forum where you can connect with moderators and other parents through online platform.for support. Please visit there website to know details on how to register.

Of you are interested in person sessions rather than online, there is a support group based in Oklahoma.I have shared their details below

Asperger Syndrome/PDD/Autism Support Group of Central Oklahoma
Support group XXXXXXX Rand XXXXXXX OK
405-364-7289
YYYY@YYYY

Asperger Syndrome High Functioning Autism Support Group XXXXXXX Rand
Oklahoma City, OK
405-424-7678
YYYY@YYYY

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
Dr.Lekshmi