Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suggest suitable ways to reduce cholesterol level

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Hi Doctor, I am having a Cholesterol problem. Last time i have check and in reports my cholesterol level in Triglycerides - 481 and DLL - 96.28. Please advice how to reduce the cholesterol.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to be started on medication... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your triglycerides are way off the normal limits. I would start fenofibrate drugs such as fenolip once a day. If your total cholesterol is also abnormal, atorvastatin combination drug such as tonact tg needs to be started. Though these drugs are well tolerated, to avoid and treat side effects appropriately it is better to start them under your treating doctor's guidance. In addition to these drugs, it is equally important to practice healthy life style and maintain ideal body weight. Talk to your primary physician on these aspects. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor