Suggest some tips to reduce hair fall

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Hair Loss
Question: hi I am a 26 yr old girl. I have nice silky hair.but I have started loosing hair recently. could u suggest some tips or Good diet through which I can reduce this hair fall n increase hair growth.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tips to reduce hair fall Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare magic, It is good to find out the cause of hair fall. Stressful life events or diseases can cause hair fall called telogen effluvium. Thyroid abnormalities and Anemia are some causes of telogen effluvium. It is better to rule them out by doing thyroid function test and Hemoglobin. Healthy and balanced diet is what I recommend. A diet XXXXXXX in amino acids, biotin and calcium pantothenate is good for hair regrowth. Biotin XXXXXXX foods are carrots, almonds, walnut, cucumber, cauliflower, milk and eggs. Eggs also have amino acids and calcium pantothenate required for hair growth. As hair follicle cells are one of the most rapidly multiplying cells in the body any stress on the body will first affect hair, so a healthy lifestyle, good sleep, relaxation exercises like yoga and good hydration will help decrease hair fall. Use a mild shampoo. Do not leave oil on the hair overnight. Try avoiding hair styling with heat generating machines. Do not comb wet hair. Avoid hair styles which cause a lot of traction( pull) on the hair . Hope this helped, Take care