Owl Image

Suggest some remedy for hair loss

Question
can u plz suggest me any remedy to hair loss im losing hair whenever i hav an hair bath and its constant
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 51 minutes later
Thanks for writing your query.

Hair loss is defined as an abnormal condition of the body, which causes hair fall at a fast rate leading to partial or complete loss of hair. There is no straight forward medicine to regrow the lost hair. To treat hair loss we need to first know what is the exact cause.

Common signs of hair loss – Losing around 50 to 100 strands a day are normal, but beyond this, it is a concern, Pain and itching in scalp, Rapid hair loss at an early age, sudden increase in hair fall due to application of any product like oil, gel or shampoo.

Common causes of hair loss –
• Emotional stress or shock
Hormonal imbalance
• Genetic – Family genetics from the father or mother side of family lineage can be a cause of hair loss too.
• Nutritional - Hair is made up of proteins and its growth aided by several minerals and vitamins, a slight imbalance of these in your diet can trigger hair loss.
Anemia – Try to improve iron content in your diet.
• Diet and weight loss – Have a healthy balanced nutritious diet.
• Lifestyle - A hassled lifestyle with respect to stress, sleep and working also impacts hair loss to a great extent.

There are many causes of hair loss. You need to find what is exact cause for your hair loss first. Try to XXXXXXX a Trichologist or a dermatologist who can help you to find an exact cause. Dont worry for time being you can try Tab BIOTIN FORTE 10mg twice a day for two months.

I hope I have answered you query. In case you have any further question I will be happy to help you.