Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suggest some medicine to increase body weight with positive growth

User rating for this question
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
Respected Sir

I have tried so many things to increase my body wieght but sitll i am not able to achieve my target regarding body weight my age is 28 years and mybody wwight is 58 kgs only now request to you please suggest some medicine for increase my body weight with positive growth because i have tried so many suppliments for the same but result is nil..shall be very thankful to you..
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later

I can see that you are bothered with your weight problem and want a quick solution for it but you need to understand that the body weight is controlled by a lot of factors.
Firstly I would like to know your height, as there is an ideal body weight range according to the height of the individual. Body mass index (weight/ (ht) square) should ideally be between 18.5-24.9.
There are certain medical conditions which can also prevent weight gain like increased functioning of thyroid or diabetes. You should get your thyroid function tests and blood sugar levels done.
You can review with me after getting these tests. In the meantime, have a healthy and wholesome diet and don't bother too much about your weight. Avoid excessive use of dietary supplements, as they can sometimes be associated with side effecs (like stomach ulcers, muscle weakness).

Hope I was able to answer your question. If you have any other queries, please feel free to follow up with me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest some medicine to increase body weight with positive growth 58 minutes later
Dear Sir

thanks for your prompt reply. Kindly suggest required test regarding thyriod functions
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 27 minutes later
They are known as thyroid function tests and include T3, T4, TSH.
In addition to this get fasting and PP sugar done as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor