Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suggest some medicine and exercise to reduce weight

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
hello dr.
i am 4 feet 10 inches tall and my weight is 56 g and i want to reduce my weight bt how i tried evrythng bt i m nt able to is there any medicine along with exercises to reduce body weight
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
As per your height and sex, your ideal weight should be some where around 44-54 Kg. Your actual weight of 56 kg is actually not bad but yes it is more than what it should be.
Exercise and good diet are essential for reducing weight. But If it is not helping then in that case you should try some medications. Rimonabant, topiramate and metformen are good drugs meant to reduce weight. But these are secondary to your efforts with exercise and diet.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and review it if possible.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor