Owl Image

Suggest some medicine and exercise to control premature ejaculation

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor

what is the procedure to stop pre meatured ejaculation , I think im suffering from that. Im 28 year old and got married recently. can you please advice me some medicine and exercise to have a control over it.
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 25 minutes later

Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min, or both partners are not satisfied with sex.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:

*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression
*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for treatment:

-Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination.

-Start jogging in morning as it reduces stress and performance anxiety.

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation.

- Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw your penis from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

-In many persons woman on top position increases ejaculation time.

- If the symptoms persist then condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time) and tablet like dapoxetine will be helpful, which you can get after prescription from physician.

-As you are newly married, then you also need to know that ejaculation time also increases with experience in sex.

Follow all these above methods regularly and your problem will solve in few weeks.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest some medicine and exercise to control premature ejaculation 22 minutes later

Thanks for the reply Doctor. The work schedule is very hectic and I will be tensed many of times. I have habit of smoking , do you think it can be the reason for this problem . I had heard about the some of the adds from Himalaya (Tentex Forte) can I have this , is there any draw back from this capsule. Can you please suggest any Doctor in Pune so that I can consult him in Person.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 minutes later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

It is best to stop smoking as it frequently lead to erection problem.

As you have tension, which is one of the cause for PME. You can visit psychiatry department of Sassoon General Hospital, near railway station, in Pune. I had been there in past. They will help you in PME and tension management.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.