Suggest some exercise for back pain and knee pain

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Exercise
Question: Hi Doc,

I am getting intermittent back and Knee pain which will last for 2 days some times.
can you please suggest me some excersices. which i can do at home?

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
You can of course do any stretch exercises for your back at home.But i would advise that you get examined and do some tests if you seem to be having recurring pain.Xray of the lumbo sacral spine should be done before you start doing any exercises.Also any kind of back problem should be supervised by a professional like physiotherapist at least in the initial days so that you learn the correct method and avoid damaging your back.Apply hot fomentation several times a day.But i suggest that you get an xray before you do any strenuous workouts.Avoid sitting in soft chairs.Sit upright.And use an abdominal belt for support.