Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest some cream for oily skin

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
i have a very oily skin plz let me know any cream for it to heal im very upset with this
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
At your age, more than creams systemic isotretinoin (oral) tabs may help you but they will require the prescription from a dermatologist near you & some blood tests et al before starting the same. If from Bangalore, you may come over to my clinic anytime; if from elsewhere, do let me know & i can direct you to a suitable dermatologist near you.
If you do not wish tablets & are keen on a cream, first use Acneaid soap twice/three times daily & leave on contact with your skin for 5-10 mts each time & then use a local 5% glycolic acid peeling agent that will help take away the oil.
Am sure these can be got OTC sans prescription.
Good Luck either path you choose!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest some cream for oily skin 24 minutes later
thanks fr that instant reply i dont mind having tablets also could you suggest me some, i dnt hav any plan to met a docter right now for this can you suggest me any tablets or creams plz
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
I have suggested both overleaf.
The tabs require a prescription & needs a doc visit & you dont seem keen so that is out.
Go with the soap i recommended & use any 5% or 10% glycolic acid based cream that your pharmacist will help you with as these things are realtive.
Cheers & trust this helps.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor