Suggest solution for indentation and scar on nose
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Image.
I would like to know when was the procedure done?
I would suggest a wait and watch approach as the operated area and scar would remodel over the next few months and the final cosmetic result would see improvement.
You may use a topical tretinoin 0.025% Or 0.05% cream once daily at night for next 3-4 months. This would help in collagen and scar remodelling and improve the cosmetic appearance of scar.
TCA would be a better option than laser
The dents (ice pick scars), in my view would be better filled with 80% - 100% TCA application (Trichloroacetic acid). TCA fills/ lifts up sharp, ice pick scars much better than a laser would do, even is its is a deeper Laser. Lasers are good at resurfacing wider scars like boxcar scars or rolling type of scras but sharp icepick/ deeper scars are better treated with TCA (80%-100% I suggest that you talk to a dermatologist for the same. The technique is know as CROSS (Chemical Reconstruction of Superficial Scaring). It is commonly used to treat ice pick acne scars.
Secondly you may use tretinoin cream for additonal benefits (stop this cream a week before CROSS procedure and restart after a week after scabs fall off)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scar to forehead indented heal
- Low breathing rate indigestion nose block suggested dns surgery solution
- Suggest treatment to remove post injury scar on nose
- Scar indentation on buttocks
- Indented shin scars
- Indented appendectomy scars
- Solution for indented hips
- Indented scar after hysterectomy
- Using otrivin for blocked nose suggest any permanent solution
- Perfume smell in nose giving headaches suggest solutions
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body