question-icon

Suggest Safest Painkiller For Shoulder, Neck And Hip Pain From Injury

Posted on Sat, 14 Oct 2017
Question: Hello Doctor,

I have a query related to a injury cased by two wheeler hit, it has cause pain the shoulder, neck, hip and knee. got consulted by a general physician and he gave some medicines ( from his clinic) and got the Xray done, I cant share the X-ray report as It will be shared on Monday morning the printed text report.

I need an advice, Can you suggest me what pain killer should be taken as a safest one , as we dont know there is a fracture or not or is there a hairline fracture etc. And can you recommend any specialist we can see in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX area?

Kindly advice

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen will help.

Detailed Answer:
For the injury that you have suffered- can be a soft tissue injury or a bone injury. You can have a mild pain killer like ibuprofen and ice the area of injury to reduce the pain and swelling. You can upload the X-ray reports on this page on the right hand side. Do consult an orthopedician nearest to you for proper examination and prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon