Suggest safest oral contraceptive pills

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi doc,
I need to know the safest - oral contraceptive pills. I am 32 years old with one 3 years old kid. Dont plan to have any more kids. and have tried multiload. But that made me have heavier periods and midcycle pain. I would prefer the OCP which causes least possible weight gain though I am not over weight BMI-23. Please suggest. I am prone to UTI also - if this has any link to the medication.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tab Femilon

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query

You can take Femilon OCP

Femilon contraceptive tablet a very safe, tolerable and versatile hormonal pill that has class leading efficacy in contraception and provides numerous advantages in myriad disorders of women’s health care.

A pill is to be taken every day from the fifth day of your period for three weeks. At the end of this period, you take a break and get your menstrual cycle. From the fifth day of the period, you can start the pill again.

This drug is safe with less side effects like weight gaining.

If you have any doubt you can ask, otherwise kindly close the thread and rate it

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 6 minutes later
Just need to know that now its my 7th day post my periods. Can i start this now and will be effective enough?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes you can take

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks again
Yes you can start taking now and continued for next 3 weeks.
Effect will be good enough, no need to worry.

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj