Suggest safe weight loss supplements

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: What is the health benifit and side effects of Green coffee beans extract?
Pls suggest any other weight loss supplement which are safe
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Claimed to be effective in loosing the body weight.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
Good afternoon.
I can understand your concern for the safety and efficacy of Green coffee beans.

In addition to coffee, the green coffee beans contain an important anti-oxidant substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which is believed to be mainly responsible for the weight loss effects.
According to some studies it can reduce the absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive tract, which lowers blood sugar and insulin spikes.
It may also have some benefits of BP lowering property.

Since this is a natural compound, generally it is safe however it can cause nausea, heartburn and altered taste sensation.
As of today the FDA has not approved its use for loosing the body weight.

The other natural dietary supplements which are believed to reduce the weight include green tea and Garcinia combogia.

Hope this answers your query. However, I shall be happy to attend your follow-up query if any.

Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj