Suggest safe natural ways to terminate pregnancy

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Hi Doctors, My wife was having irregular periods problems 8 months back, she consulted Gynecologist and diagnosed with PCOS in right Ovary. She prescribed medicine and continuously used those for 6 months and got regular periods for 6 months. After that she got regular periods for next two months.

But current month she dint get period and we tested with 'Pregnanacy tester' in market and found positive result. But we both are not ready to continue with pregnancy based on her health conditions physically and mentally.

Please suggest us any normal abortion ways, as she missed her period due date by 5 days.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Abortion pills under supervision.

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir,
Thanks for trusting us about your wife health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Abortion pills are the suitable method of abortion in her case as it can be used up to 49 days of pregnancy.
Though the chances of incomplete abortion, severe bleeding and infection may occur with abortion pills,it can only be taken under supervision of a doctor or an expert.
So please consult a Gynecologist and take abortion pills under her supervision because it is an early pregnancy it is the best method for her.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. XXXXXXX for information.

Just to inform you some more information on this. When she was diagnosed with PCOS she was in India(Hyderabad) and diagnosed by Indian(Hyderabad) doctor.
Currently, now we are in Singapore and also not sure whether here Gynecologists allow for abortion or not. So please suggest us to proceed further.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Abortion pills are safe to take under supervision.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,
You are most welcome.
I can very well understand your situation but abortion pills should only be taken under supervision an one ultrasound pelvic is important before taking these medications to rule out ectopic pregnancy and know the exact weeks of pregnancy.
So please find out whether abortion pills are permitted in Singapore or not.
Self administration is not advisable.
Because I can't examine her,so please find out for same.
Hope you understand our limitations.
It is about her health concerns.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 26 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

I can understand those concerns & limitations and thank you very much for the information. As you said her health is more important.

To make my previous question clearly and adding to that , Shall we consult doctor in Singapore or XXXXXXX same doctor(previously diagnosed).
Because she(Indian - previously diagnosed doctor) knows my Wife health conditions better.

So please suggest here to with whom we can consult ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult Gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,
You are most welcome.
Yes,I can understand your concerns.
You can consult a Gynecologist in Singapore also for abortion pills because at least she can examine her.
Or if you are planning to come XXXXXXX then you can consult here also.
I know you are worried because she is a patient of PCOD with irregular period but it is a lifetime endocrinal disorder and can be treated with medicine and lifestyle changes and usually abortion pills does not cause much impact on it.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.