Suggest right combination of drugs for depression

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 in Depression
Question: Hi, I am taking Ginet 84 (to ease PMT and period pain) and Effexor (for depression). I do feel less depressed but I have no motivation to do anything and feel exhausted. I have gained 16 lbs in the last year, I crave carbs all the time and have little energy for exercise. I want to sleep every afternoon. I have no sex drive. I am 38 years old. Can you suggest another combination of drugs that might work better please? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try bupropion with it

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, you have chronic depression and in that case, you definitely need combination of antidepressants. If you are not getting benefit with effexor (venlafaxine) alone, then you can try bupropion with it. Bupropion is a antidepressant and has good effect with effexor. It would also help to control depressive symptoms and help to increase sexual desire. Rest, you can discuss with your psychiatrist.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist