Suggest remedy to stop drooling

ENT Specialist
Question
How can i stop drooling on my pilow,
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query. I'll try my best to help you with this problem.

Sialorrhoea, or excessive salivation and drooling, is commonly noticed in children and seldom it may affect adults. In adults, it is commonly associated with many neurological and systemic conditions and often results from a disturbance in the coordination of swallowing.

As you don't have any underlying medical conditions, the other common causes of drooling, such as dental caries, gastro esophageal reflux and sinus infections have to be ruled out.

I would suggest you to get complete examination done by your doctor to look for any dental, gastric and sinus related issues.

Depending on the cause, further management can be planned.

Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon