Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedy to stop drooling

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2349 Questions
How can i stop drooling on my pilow,
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer below...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query. I'll try my best to help you with this problem.

Sialorrhoea, or excessive salivation and drooling, is commonly noticed in children and seldom it may affect adults. In adults, it is commonly associated with many neurological and systemic conditions and often results from a disturbance in the coordination of swallowing.

As you don't have any underlying medical conditions, the other common causes of drooling, such as dental caries, gastro esophageal reflux and sinus infections have to be ruled out.

I would suggest you to get complete examination done by your doctor to look for any dental, gastric and sinus related issues.

Depending on the cause, further management can be planned.

Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor