Suggest remedy to cure abdominal pain after having pain killers

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Dear Doctor,
I am 38 years old and doing as house wife. Now I am suffering with low back pain. I have consulted with Ortho doctor. Advised to take bed rest and do physiotherapy of swd and ift for a period of one week with Aceculofinac / diclofinac with Pan-D tablet as pain killer. Again after one week my pain increased to low back and with right leg also. I am unable to do my regular work ( Toilet etc). Again advised to take bed rest for a period of one week with physiotherapy of only IFT with pain killer tablet. After a week the pain little bit reduced but the leg pain not reduced. Based on this physiotherapy treatment changed as traction at low back followed by ift. Tablet given at this time was Neuorobian , Metnerobian 75 mg with pain killer. We have followed for one week and pain reduced to the extend of 80%. Again I have started to do some exercise as advised by doctor and start moving around inside the house and found pain in low back and my right leg. I kindly request you to advice what to do further? I have pain in the abdominal when I use pain killer. Request your guidance
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take Paracetamol tablet. Get MRI

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

If you are having pain in the abdomen due to pain killer, then you can stop it. Take Syrup Sucralfate 3 teaspoons twice a day for relief. Also take Tablet Pantop 40mg in the morning, half an hour before breakfast.

Take Tablet Paracetamol 500mg thrice a day which is safe for the stomach and is a good pain killer.

Avoid bending forward, lifting weights. Apply hot water bag to the painful regions for good relief from muscle spasm.

Kindly get an MRI Lumbosacral spine done to look for nerve compression and possible slip disc. If there is lot of compression, surgery may be required according to the amount of pain and difficulty you have.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj