Suggest remedy for withdrawal symptoms from Fentanyl patch
a few other issues
taking extra narcotics wtihout input from the doctor is not a very good thing. Fentanyl.... is.....tricky. It doesn't necessarily have a predictable equivalent BUT 60 of morphine seems a bit low. On the other hand, 75 of fentanyl is quite a high dose. AND it is continuous. Continuous long acting high dose narcotics are more likley to produce withdrawal and more severe withdrawal. AND... for many conditions a short acting narcotic is more helpful even if it is on top of another narcotic.
So... first, is whether any narcotics are appropriate. If it is toothache, or a minor problme or a short term problem (broken bone) then long term high dose narcotics would NOT be appropriate..
An alterntive would be to treat withdrawal symptoms. The medications to lower the symptoms of withdrawal can be phoned in. they are safe and not addictive.
then, whether long acting ONLY is appropriate or a low dose of long acting with a low dose of short acting along with it.
my bias would be muscle relaxant, over the counter non-steroidal meds, anti-ulcer med, and a withdrawal blocker such as clonidine. and anti-nausea medications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Exelon patch withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of depo withdrawal symptoms
- Suggest remedy for severe withdrawal symptoms from suboxone
- Suggest treatment for acute withdrawal symptoms of codeine
- Fentanyl patch withdrawal symptoms
- Withdrawal symptoms from butrans patch
- Fentanyl withdrawal symptoms
- Can abrupt stopping of fentanyl patch lead to withdrawal symptoms
- Symptoms of skoal withdrawal symptoms
- Why do i feel withdrawal symptoms of fentanyl patches
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...