Suggest remedy for withdrawal symptoms after weaning off Effexor

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I weaned my self off of Effexor a month ago. Is there anything I can do to make the "brain zaps" go away! This is really starting to get to me! It feels like vertigo ALL THE TIME!!!
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try benzodiazepin on sos basis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor would help you in this query.

In your case, it would be anxiety symptoms or effexor withdrawal. You can try some benzodiazepine like klonopin or xanax at low dose on sos basis or relaxation exercise like JPMR. It would help to control all these symptoms.

If you have more query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Suggest remedy for withdrawal symptoms after weaning off Effexor 39 hours later
If I do not have a personal DR. Is there away for me to get a persription?

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult a psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
HI

To get any psychotropic drug, you need prescription and for that, you have to consult a doctor. Without prescription, you would not able to get these drugs. Better to consult a doctor.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist