Suggest remedy for vomiting post Doxycycline intake

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I took doxycycline and my birth control at the same time on an empty stomach, when I take doxy without food I end up vomiting. When I threw up it was only water and I could not see the pills, does this mean they had already passed?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
How soon after taking the pills did you vomit?

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this vomiting after taking your pills. If you vomited less than an hour after taking the drug, then it might had gotten dissolved but still in the stomach. If this happened several hours after taking the pills, then the pills had certainly moved into the small intestines and being absorbed. Let me know how soon after taking the pills that this happened so that I can conveniently address it.

I hope to hear from you and do hope this is at least guiding. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 29 minutes later
About 20 minutes after...
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
THe drug was still in the stomach!

Detailed Answer:

This drug was still in the stomach. The best thing would have been to repeat the dosage immediately. If this happens often, please ask for a medications to stop vomiting such as motilium from your doctor.

I wish you well and do keep me updated!