Suggest remedy for vertigo and presence of ear wax

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Thu, 8 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had lots of ear wax over the past few years, I am a 60 year old woman. I went on a plane and came back with major vertigo, and for the first time in my life...no ear wax. The major vertigo like going sideways, and so dizzy sick to my stomach, but about 10% remains...can't bend over and pick up anything, and feel like 5 times more tired. Is my ear blocked, or is there something not producing wax anymore?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vertigo alone

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You recently went on a trip and when you returned you noticed significant dizziness. You did see a specialist and were treated for vertigo but you still have the dizziness. Unfortunately there is not much more we can do to help stop the dizziness. With time it should dissipate. You can continue to use the medications to reduce the dizziness until it stops.

The change in ear wax is just a coincidence. There is no correlation between the vertigo and wax production. You may start producing wax again at anytime or it may never start up again.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any further questions