question-icon

Suggest remedy for urge incontinence in an overweight person

Posted on Mon, 9 Mar 2015
Question: I am a 39 year old woman. I know I am overweight. I recently have started having issues making it to the bathroom before urinating. I will just start to go while walking. I can't seem to control it.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Its urine infection Most probably

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concerns. What you are having is called urge incontinence.

Urge incontinence occurs when you have a sudden urge to urinate. In urge incontinence, the bladder contracts when it should not, causing some urine to leak through the sphincter muscles

The commonest cause is urinary infection.

I will advise you to get a urinanalysis and urine culture and microscopy and gram stain to look for possible infection.

Dr Som MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN