Suggest remedy for uneven skin tone and dark patches on forehead

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a wheatish complexion, with uneven skin tone, some part of my forehead has dark patches.
Please suggest me any good medication cream which can reduce melanin factor and i can use that on daily basis on my face to lighten the skin tone without any side effect.
As most of the cream provided in medical stores are enriched with chemicals.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kojic acid vitamin c and e and sunscreen will help to some extent

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

Thank you for asking HCM.

For skin whitening you can use kojic acid based preparations like kojic acid soap or kojic acid cream.

Also take vitamin C and vitamin E which is also helpful to whiten the darker skin areas.

Avoid excess sun exposure. You can use sunscreens on sun exposing parts to avoid tanning also.

There are other preparations like hydroquinone and tretinoin (Melabest 2% cream) but has several side effects and it should be used under the supervision of dermatologist only.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad