Suggest remedy for underarm rashes

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: hello doc i have a rush under my armpit i been having bad odor under my armpit soo someone told me to put baking soda to kill the smell.. soo i have been doing that and it helped a lil but now i got a red pink rash looking under my armpit and i dont know how to get rid of it or the odor
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop using the baking soda

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing o us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The simple reason why you have experienced a rash is because you have been applying an unhealthy concentration of baking soda in your underarms, and so I would suggest the following:

+Stop using the baking soda completely
+Keep your underarms clean and dry at all times
+Do not shave the region for a while at least
+Apply any cold cream available

Once the rash starts subsiding with time, you can either change the brand of baking soda and use a more mild one or reduce the concentration or number of times you use the baking soda application.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am more than happy to help.

Best wishes.