Suggest remedy for typhoid and allergy caused by change in environment

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi doctor. i have been born and brought up in Europe. recently i got married and shifted to XXXXXXX (since last 5 months). ever since i have moved here my health has been an issue. i was diagnosed with typhoid but have been treated rightly now (in the month of July 2015). post that my body temperature has been going up and down (feverish). i believe this is due to allergic reaction to mosquito bites (since i am allergic to mosquito bites and i get inflammation on my skin for each mosquito bite). this could also be because i am adjusting to the new environment, food habits and other things in XXXXXXX kindly advice me your expert advice on what is the exact reason to my feverishness and the ways to get rid of it and cure it with the mode of treatment.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get done serum IgE level to rule out allergic inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
To rule out allergic inflammation, better to get done IgE level.
If this is high than your symptoms are due to allergy. And you should start combination of antihistamine and anti allergic drugs.
If IgE is normal than no need to worry for allergic inflammation.
Another possibility of your fever is persistent abdominal lymphadenopathy. It is common after typhoid fever.
So also get done ultrasound examination of abdomen or CT scan of abdomen.
So first get done serum IgE level.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj