Suggest remedy for tinnitus

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I recently started hearing and feeling my pulse in my right ear
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Has your blood pressure been measured recently?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pulse sensation that you have reported. The artery is normally very superficial above the ear and therefore any one who pays so much attention can feel it. This is why doctors often place their hands at that point to feel for heartbeats. My immediate thought at this time is that you are probably more conscious and that is the reason why. Another possible explanation could be a rising blood pressure and I will suggest that you get the blood pressure controlled just to make sure there is nothing we are missing out on.

For now, be calm. This is more likely normal than to be a disease. Get the blood pressure measured and if need be further investigations will be considered.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and thanks for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.