Suggest remedy for throat infection and nausea while having 101 degree fever

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hello, I am having fever for past three days with throat infection and nausea. twice I felt shivering as well. fever was 101-102 from past two days
today it got reduced to 99-100. I am taking anti biotic , anti allergic and paracetamol. first day doc told me it's bacterial infection . yest I have done the cbc with esr test. I have attached the reports. few parameters are out of normal range. can u plz provide ur opinion ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing alarming....

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply.

I went through your description and reports with diligence. This blood hemogram report doesn't reveal anything alarming. There are marginal disturbances in the differential count with normal blood cell counts. These changes are usually seen during acute infections. The MCH and MCHC changes are not significant to suspect a serious medical problem. So I wouldn't worry about it either.

I would like to know how are you doing clinically. Are your symptoms better now?

If you have clinically improved with treatment, then you need not worry. Drink plenty of fluids. Include good fruits and vegetables especially citrus fruits. It will help you get better soon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other specific information.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
there is no more throat pain. little nausea. during mornings, fever is normal but by evening is raises to around 100.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue medication along with antacids...

Detailed Answer:
Usually results of antibiotic treatment is noted beyond 3 days of administration. Therefore I will suggest you to continue antibiotic and wait until 3 days to review back with the doctor.

And yes, these medication are known to cause gastric intolerance leading to nausea. I suggest you to use drugs to lower stomach acids such as tab nexpro 20mg before food twice a day for few days.

Hope this helped.