Suggest remedy for tenderness in umbilical area

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi, since last 10 days I am experiencing white saliva, dry mouth and pain around umbilical area if I slightly press it. skin has also become extremely dry. could you please help with reason.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lack of adequate hydration:

Detailed Answer:

I read your question, and I don't think the umbilical area tenderness is necessarily related to the mouth and skin symptoms.

The changes to saliva and dry mouth may just be due to not having adequate hydration. And skin can be get dry for a number of reasons including hot showers, and dry or dusty climate.

The tenderness around the umbilicus may be from something irritating your stomach or lower esophagus, or a muscle strain. If it doesn't go away, or if the pain increases, then please go in to be evaluated. Abdominal pain is best evaluated in person as then the doctor can see better what/where the problem is coming from by doing a manual abdominal exam. But if it is not noticeably uncomfortable when you are not pressing on the area, then it doesn't sound especially concerning.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
could this be due to HIV or any other STD. I had protected vaginal and oral sex 2 months back with CSW. ECLIA test done at 26 and 40 day came negative. plz guide. white saliva is really stressing me out.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a symptom of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
White saliva is not a symptom of HIV or STDs.

I see from your other posts that you had appropriate HIV testing which came back negative and so you can rest assured that you are HIV-free.

And there are not any STDs that present with white saliva as a symptom. I think you can now put this out of your mind as a cause. Instead, stay well hydrated.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 3 days later
Hi doctor, I consulted with local physician and requested him to conduct some tests like CBC, Urine and STD Screening. i have added reports please check. All reports look to be normal except Urine test. Please check and suggest if anything to be worried.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your urinalysis is ok.

Detailed Answer:
I see that you have 1-2 leukocytes (white blood cells) in your urinalysis. The threshold for diagnosing a urinary tract infection is usually more than 2 white blood cells in the urinalysis. So this should be ok. And epithelial cells just means the urine picked up some outer skin cells on the urine's path out.

It looks like your B12 is now in a good range. Good job!
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 8 hours later
thank you. can you check other reports too. STD and HIV reports show as Non Reactive. does it mean Negative.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Test results

Detailed Answer:
Yes, nonreactive means negative for these particular tests. VDRL is a test for Syphilis, and your Hepatitis B and C tests and HIV tests were all negative too.

Also, your CBC (complete blood count) looks entirely normal.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 days later
Thank you Doctor. can i consider myself free from infection of these STDs, I plan to do Gonnorhea and Chlamydia too to rule out all possibilities. Please guide if any test should i do since i am in relation and would like avoid spreading any further
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Free of STD

Detailed Answer:
I think that given that you had used protection, the chances of having contracted an STD are minimal. If you feel better by also having a gonorrhea and chlamydia test, that would be fine. But I think you can consider yourself free of STDs.