Suggest remedy for swollen lymph glands at the base of neck
Recommended urgent consultation with your doctor please
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Lymph nodes are structures which belong to the immune system and help to fight disease and inflammation. The neck is an area with concentration of lymph nodes and their position is known by levels.
2. It will help to know if you had any recent flu, fever or infection in the head and neck regions and if the lymph node enlargement if painful or not and from how long it is there.
3. Painful enlargement of lymph nodes progressing since days is in reaction to any acute infection and inflammation. Pain less enlargement of lymphnodes for weeks to months is usually from chronic inflammation and rarely due to cancer.
4. Mild infection of head and neck region including flu, sore throat and dental problem are the common causes of painful lymph node enlargement in the neck. However any lymph node enlargement in neck requires consultation with the doctor to know its size, location and probable cause of enlargement.
5. After clinical evaluation, your doctor might recommend a neck ultrasound scan to know exact location and size of nodes. Further, depending on the clinical suspicion, the doctor may give you a short coure of antibiotics or request a needle test called FNAC to make a confirmed diagnosis.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Costochondritis and swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands methamphetamine
- Swollen lymph glands in chest
- Swollen lymph glands armpits
- Conjuctivitis and swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands postpartum
- Hiv swollen lymph glands
- Suggest medication for pain and swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands in neck and dry wax in ear
- Causes of swollen lymph glands
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...