Suggest remedy for swollen gland on head causing scalp pain and numbness
May be eosinophilic reaction
Thanks for your query.
Noted your medical history of getting swollen glands on the back of your head or neck whenever you are getting sick or fighting an illness. There is pain with numbness of the entire scalp near the gland. You had a cold from where it has come. Taking Advil.
Appearance of such glands after getting cold can be related to a reactive phenomenon and many times this can be related to the eosinophilic reaction that can get re-activated every time one gets the problems.
The possible management is:
If the lump is circumscribed, biopsy may be done.
The mainstay can be oral steroids if you are not diabetic. Supportive medicines can be taken as Advil and Multivitamins, decongestants and as per the symptoms you have.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper and early diagnosis and treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- Numb chin and lip swollen glands
- Swollen glands numb toes
- What causes painful swollen and numb gum
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- Swollen painful ankles numbness in hands
- Numbness in scalp after head injury
- Swollen glands and numbness
- Suggest suitable remedy for numbness and foot pain
- Head injury with numb scalp