Suggest remedy for stomach pain along with diarrhea

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: This morning I had stomach pain and diarrhea. Now I just have stomach pain really low in my lower abdomen. It is not a sharp pain. But an aching gassy cramping feeling that comes in waves. It's very unpleasant. What is happening and what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get your stool and blood examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. Iam Dr.Amit Jain (DM, Gastroenterologist). It appears that you have developed acute infectious enteritis. I will suggest you to get stool examination and complete haemogram to confirm whether there is any infection. Meanwhile take lots of fluids to keep your hydration level well. Take probiotics which I found very useful in my patients. Also take some antispasmodic like drotavarine for cramps. And if investigations suggest infection take a course of antibiotic.I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina