Suggest remedy for spots on arms that are not itchy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, I just found overnight on the inside of my upper arms, brown pink spots, on both arms approx 5-6 on each arms. They have appeared overnight. The only medication I take is Lanzoprazol, as I have Barrets oesophagus decease. the spots are not raised, do not itch, size of a dime, and do not give me any discomfort.
Any idea?
Many thanks.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Purpura

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have also looked at the picture.

They appear to me as purpura. Could be due to microvascular injury leading on to bleeding into the skin

I would suggest an oral Vit C supplement once daily for a few days.