Suggest remedy for speech problem in child

Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Thanks for your inquiry. My toddler son is okay just the gathering of saliva in the mouth without swallowing it is still on going. He also is not speaking yet, at 3 yrs. Having therapy. What else can we do?
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
speech therapy and parents can do the trick.

Detailed Answer:
Speech therapy, biofeedback and hypnotherapy may be useful for controlling saliva.
Robinul pills, scopolamine patch, artane , inj. Botulinum toxin, raditherapy or surgery for destruction of the part which is causing excessive secretion are some of the tretment options available.

For improving speech whole range of communication shold be started early like video, audio communication.
Group learning, one to one communication giving them more time to speak.

Parents have main role they should start early intervention and on daily basis to improve speech.
Parents should learn to communicate more and more giving them ample time to talk.

Hope i help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D