Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedy for speech problem in child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 631 Questions
Thanks for your inquiry. My toddler son is okay just the gathering of saliva in the mouth without swallowing it is still on going. He also is not speaking yet, at 3 yrs. Having therapy. What else can we do?
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
speech therapy and parents can do the trick.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Speech therapy, biofeedback and hypnotherapy may be useful for controlling saliva.
Robinul pills, scopolamine patch, artane , inj. Botulinum toxin, raditherapy or surgery for destruction of the part which is causing excessive secretion are some of the tretment options available.

For improving speech whole range of communication shold be started early like video, audio communication.
Group learning, one to one communication giving them more time to speak.

Parents have main role they should start early intervention and on daily basis to improve speech.
Parents should learn to communicate more and more giving them ample time to talk.

Hope i help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor