Suggest remedy for sores on buttocks
Please give additional information and follow the advise
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Female/52 - sores on butt - over a week - thinks of colitis problem - applying cornstarch baby powder - preparation H Irritation Relief wipes - wants solution...
Please provide some additional information so that I can assist you further:
Is there any problem related to bowel like loose stools, foul smell, gases, mucus, bloating?
Is the sore around the anal area or butt-crack or on buttocks?
Is there any oozing (wet) or a dry sore?
Any medical problems like diabetes?
Any additional information that you would like to share.
If there is any problem related to colitis or so, you may need a course of antibiotic, metronidazole probiotics and multivitamins.
Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and either wipe it dry or still better to use hair dryer to keep this dry.
Then apply liquid (solution) povidone iodine locally to the affected area and all around. This helps to keep the skin sterile and not allow the secondary infection.
Avoid sudden temperature change zone.
Avoid hot and humid atmosphere.
Take a consultation of a Doctor to see what exactly is the problem and get prescription based medicines if required.
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Home remedies for scars on buttocks
- What causes sore throatbody shaking suggest home remedy
- Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock
- Red sore swollen clit suggest remedy
- My son having sore eyes please suggest him remedy
- Having pain and sores in mouth suggest a remedy
- Hyperpigmentation on buttocks remedy
- Suggest remedy for sore ankle after suffering from fever
- Suggest remedies for sore throat no fever and no cough
- Rash on buttocks remedies