Suggest remedy for soreness around abdomen and back

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I fell about 3" landing flat on my back. Getting up wasn't easy but pain and movement better the next day. Apparently I twisted around. The muscles around my stomach & back are really sore as is my back. What should I do to relieve the pain and get around better?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain most liikely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely muscle strain. 3 to 4 days rest from hard to moderate physical activity is needed. You can do ice pack application locally on tender areas. Do ice pack application on and off 15 to 20 minutes 3 to 4 times daily. First 3 days you can do this. Applying gels containing NSAIDs like Diclofenac or Keoprofen , Capsaicin and methyl salicylate also is good. You can also take NSAIDs like Ibuprofen.
After 3 days you can do hot fomentations. If there is no improvement then prescription muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside or Tizanidine will be needed and for that you can approach your doctor. Also if severe pain and discomfort while movement is there then x ray of hip will be needed to rule out any crack or hair line fracture.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad