Suggest remedy for sore tongue and taste-bud inflammation

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: For the last several days (approaching a week), my tongue has been sore. I first noticed that when I'd curl my tongue up, it felt like there was a muscle pull going from the underside of my tongue up to the tip.
In the past I've had like inflamed taste buds that hurt, but they go away after a few days. I don't see any inflamed taste buds.
Today my tongue tip feels sore, Of course I have been rubbing it against my bottom teeth & chomping on it with my teeth. :) (Sort of,..."Is it still sore, chomp, chomp. Yep, it's still sore!) My tongue tip almost feels like it's been burnt by hot food. But I don't recall eating anything hot that would have burnt it.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This wouldl be a canker sore, nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM: Please note that you describe the symptoms of having a canker sore that can affect, tongue, lips, cheek, roof and bottom of the mouth/palates. This will resolve on its own and it does not need any intervention, I recognize that it is annoying since we have to eat, but do not despair. It will get better. Good luck. Ibuprofen may alleviate the pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T