Suggest remedy for sore anus

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: My anus is really red and sore. Is this anal warts or herpes. If not what is it ?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Multiple problems : anal fistula / possible warts...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the photos you sent in and noted multiple problems :
- the red and swollen area is suggestive for anal fistula (infected tunnel between the skin and anus)
- there are some other bumps similar to boils however warts can also be considered if anal sex

If I was your caring doctor would advise to go to er or schedule an immediate appointment with proctologist. Oral antibiotics are included in the treatment together with local treatment (surgical and medicated).

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Albana