Suggest remedy for sleep problems while travelling to different time zones

Psychiatrist
Question
I can't sleep good when i travel to Japan and China almost monthly. Can not sleep on a plane either. By the time I get on track with time zone and catch 4hrs in a row, it is time for me to fly home. Then it starts all over again. I fly monthly to Japan or China from East coast of USA. Also I do not become as aroused as when I was younger. Still can get an erection but would like a stronger one.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take medicines on required basis

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
Your problem is due to your journey which is causing disturbance to your diurnal system of the body or you can say biological clock. Our body through exposure to sunlight and with mechanism by melatonin from pituitary gland runs a biological clock.
This clock controls different hormonal secretion as well as rest to body and brain. Because of frequent changing of your sleep pattern , this clock has disturbed and you do not have satisfactory sleep.
Option for that is either you travel less if possible, as in long run it can affect your body.And if it is not at all feasible,medicine like zolpidem can help you for good sleep which you can take on required basis after doctor's consultation and prescription.It is good medicine for sleep induction and without significant side effects.
And for good erection you can use sildenafil or tadalafil and if you have homocystiene deficiency pyridoxine and Phosphodiesterase combination after doctor's consultation.
Hope , I have answered your query, if still want to know something, you are welcome.
Thanks & regards,
Dr. Chintan Solanki