Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedy for sleep problems while travelling to different time zones

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2406 Questions
I can't sleep good when i travel to Japan and China almost monthly. Can not sleep on a plane either. By the time I get on track with time zone and catch 4hrs in a row, it is time for me to fly home. Then it starts all over again. I fly monthly to Japan or China from East coast of USA. Also I do not become as aroused as when I was younger. Still can get an erection but would like a stronger one.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take medicines on required basis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
Your problem is due to your journey which is causing disturbance to your diurnal system of the body or you can say biological clock. Our body through exposure to sunlight and with mechanism by melatonin from pituitary gland runs a biological clock.
This clock controls different hormonal secretion as well as rest to body and brain. Because of frequent changing of your sleep pattern , this clock has disturbed and you do not have satisfactory sleep.
Option for that is either you travel less if possible, as in long run it can affect your body.And if it is not at all feasible,medicine like zolpidem can help you for good sleep which you can take on required basis after doctor's consultation and prescription.It is good medicine for sleep induction and without significant side effects.
And for good erection you can use sildenafil or tadalafil and if you have homocystiene deficiency pyridoxine and Phosphodiesterase combination after doctor's consultation.
Hope , I have answered your query, if still want to know something, you are welcome.
Thanks & regards,
Dr. Chintan Solanki
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor