Suggest remedy for skin tags in genital area

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have used compound W to rid skin tags on my genital area which worked but I have what looks like a bruise mark there now for the 3 days. What is your recommendation?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to cauterization from the compound you used.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query and picture. It looks like cauterization caused by the compound you used. It will usually peel off gradually. If it is inflammed then you can use silver sulphadiazine cream for local application. Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area and instead you can use saline or warm water.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 10 hours later
How long before it should peel off?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can take 4 to 6 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

It can take 4 to 6 weeks for peeling off. You can apply creams containing aloe Vera and vitamin E locally for easing it. Taking vitamin C orally also is good.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.