Suggest remedy for skin irritation in genital area
What type of irritation are you having?
Hello and welcome,
The treatment would depend on the cause of the irritation. It is not uncommon for women who are post menopausal to feel some vaginal irritation from dryness, and treatment for that is estrogen cream either applied inside the vagina with an applicator, or on the tissues around the vagina. This medication would be available only by prescription.
If the irritation is from a yeast overgrowth (candida), an anticandidal cream such as Monistat, also applied inside the vagina can help. You can buy this without prescription at any pharmacy.
If the irritation is not on the genitals but near them, and has the shape of pink or reddish rings, this can be a fungal infection called ringworm, and treatment with miconazole (Monistat) can help this too, but is applied on the rash, not the vagina.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Genital skin irritation from tetralysal
- Symptoms of genital irritation
- Diagnosis of genital irritation
- Genital mucosal irritation causes
- Genital irritation causes
- Diagnosis of Genital mucosal irritation
- Genital irritation in women
- Female genital irritation
- Symptoms of genital mucosal irritation
- Treatment and cure for genital irritation