Suggest remedy for skin allergy in infants

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor,
my son is 4 months old. 3 days back we went to hill station for holidays. after coming back, we noticed that he had got some skin allergies. we used himalya baby shampoo for giving him bath, may be that had reacted. I have attached some images of his skin alergy. can you pls chk and suggest.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Application of mild steroid with oral antiallergic would help

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the images and to me it appears to be allergic rash.
This allergy can be due to any pollens,dust,mites or shampoo.
I would like to give him some antiallergic like cetrizine syrup and to apply mild steroid like mometasone for early recovery.
Both these are prescription medicine so please get it prescribed by a physician.
Observe the baby for any rapid progression of rash,swelling in body,breathing difficulty or irritability.If you find any please consult your pediatrician for evaluation.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more doubts.
wishing for your baby's