Suggest remedy for shoulder pain that radiates down the arm

Posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My 42 old son is having pain in his shoulder radiating down his arm. Experiencing some tingling and numbness in his fingers. He recently lost his beloved to cancer.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis with slip disc

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

It is possible he has catchall spondylosis or degenerative changes in the spinal bones in the neck.

He needs took avoid bending neck forward or lifting weights. Apply hot packs to the painful regions. Kindly stop taking the Aspirin.Take Tablet Diclofenac with Thiocolchicoside combination twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Get an Xray of cervical spine and MRI as well because an associated slip disc in the neck can cause the compression of the nerves to the hand which will cause the symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon