Suggest remedy for shoulder and right sided neck pain

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having shoulder and right side neck pain , Dr says it is due to degeneration as I am 59, had some physiotherapy session but relief has been temporary , I play golf as well and it aggravates further after session , pls advise
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
it may be that you have cervical spondylitis due to degenerative proces. Physiotherapy is the only options, but one can try intraarticular injections also, which effect are temporary.
while playing golf, you need to do practice under supervision of occupational therapist to make a correct posture.
Hope this will help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D