Suggest remedy for severe vomiting during pregnancy

Posted on Tue, 5 Jan 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor
I am 8 week pregnant I have been taking doxinate tablet for vomitting but today I am feeling uneasiness and not able to stand for some time. Could you please suggest some solutions?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely due to hypotension

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Vomiting, nausea and decreased blood pressure are common symptoms of early pregnancy.
Decreased blood pressure causes dizziness, fainting and tiredness.
Your dizziness and inability to stand after vomiting is most likely due to hypotension( decreased blood pressure).
You need not worry.
You should continue taking Doxinate, take as much rest as possible and avoid prolonged standing.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Please do get back for further queries .
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 8 minutes later
Dear Dr.
My BP is usually around 110/70 and I am about 43kg (5 feet 2 inches). I am unable to eat anything due to vomiting, I am afraid that will affect my health. Also, I would like to know if sleeping in foetus position or on the stomach should be completely avoided during pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Small meals at short intervals

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Apetite is reduced in first trimester of pregnancy due to the associated nausea and vomiting. Try to eat whatever you like, as adequate diet is important for your health. However, do not take stress and try to eat small meals at short intervals.
Sleeping in fetal position is not contraindicated, but you should avoid sleeping on the stomach should be avoided in pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine