Suggest remedy for severe pain during movement

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 17 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Do you think I have Sacroilitis if so what can I do about it. I have great increase pain and slowness in my mobility if I want to torn in bed it is easier to get up and lie down again to reposition myself
My GP is putting a lot of my symptoms down to fibromyalgia and discounting the arachnoiditis I thought I was getting cortisone inj into si joints because of pain and instability but a month ago she said that was not the case cortisone would not help my joints and that I had ankylosing spondylitis
So I am getting very confused and frustrated and feel like I am going nowhere with these drs
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be sacroiliitis if you have ankylosing spondylitis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
If you have ankylosing spondylitis, you back pain is likely to be due to sacroiliitis as it is a common early manifestation of AS.
It can be diagnosed by Xray studies.
If confirmed Lidocaine and cortisone injections would be helpful.
You could also use omega 3 fatty acids, muscle strengthening exercises and physiotherapy in addition to anti inflammatory medicines for pain relief.
Also check your blood vitamin D level. If it is low, replenishing the same with high dose tablets or injections also would be helpful.