• question-icon

Suggest remedy for severe lower back pain

Posted on Wed, 12 Aug 2015 in General Health
Question: i am having a pain at my lower back near to girdle, It is not in the spinal chord. It feels like stretching of muscles when i walk and when i sit. I feel absolutely comfortable when i am at bed rest or when i stand straight. I went to orthopedics but i didnt get relief. I urinate very quickly after having any liquid diet. Note: I didnt have any injury ever, my day was as normal as other day . i didnt pick any heavy weight but when i waked up one of the morning this pain has started.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle spasm is likely to be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have carefully gone through your problem and understand your concerns. The first thing that I would need to ask is your age. I think your problem is due to fatigue and spasm of your back muscles. It does not need to be associated with any injury or something. Hot compress and proper exercise (as guided by a physical therapist) can provide relief.

I would insist you to get in touch with a physical therapist who can demonstrate to you the exact exercises that you need to practice everyday in order to relieve yourself from your low back pain.

Hope that helps. Feel free to revert back in case of any further queries.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha