question-icon

Suggest remedy for severe hair loss

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: Hi,

I have dry hairs, vert thin, till shoulders. I have started noticing hair fall from last 6 months, since I have moved to XXXXXXX Earlier I was staying in XXXXXXX but at that time I didn't use to notice that large number of hair fall. But now a days, I see at least 200 hair strands falling per day, I notice a lot of them when I comb, on my clothes and on bed.

I also have some amount of dandruff for some time also but haven't noticed any increase of it recently.

Please let me know, what kind of medication/shampoo/home treatment I should try to reduce this.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
An antidandruff shampoo along with solution and tablet s

Detailed Answer:
Hello . thank you for writing to us .

I suggest you to shampoo with a ketoconazole based antidandruff shampoo daily e.g Nizral shampoo .
In addition I would suggest you to take a tablet of Androanagen once daily. You may also use Androanagen solution for daily application . These are prescription products and you may visit a doctor in your vicinity for the needful.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist