question-icon

Suggest remedy for severe back pain

Posted on Thu, 26 Nov 2015
Question: I woke up in middle of nigh with worse lower back pain and it wouldn't stop even with a pain pill. it was like a huge toothache in the middle and lower part of my back into my buttocks. I tried heat, ice, walking,stretching, crying. The pain was constant with not even a second of let up. I'm up now and the pain is going away.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Likely muscular pain. Rest and analgesic is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most likely it is muscular pain . Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Vitamin B and C help in recovery. Second possibility is lumbar spondylosis as it is common in your age. Lumbar spondylosis is confirmed by x ray. Glucosamine is helpful in lumbar spondylosis. Again analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief is helpful.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon